Life abroad moves FAST! So does every life I think but sheesh where did the time go?
Two months ago, I was meandering Genevois streets on a sunny day with these folk = they rock!
and today it snowed and I’m thinking about Christmas parties…that fun memory seems like ages ago…zoooom!
And with the busy storm, me bloggy gets neglected
So here’s some of the whirlwind I’ve been caught in
1. ISTANBUL—Gosh I want to write in more depth on how lovely this city is And I should but could I just say in a few words that it was a marvelous delight—worth every penny and from their airline to the pick-up arranged by the hotel—wow! Food is amazing; people charming; sights so stunning; and prices just right!
It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo nice to be in an exotic (= different and quite foreign to me) place with stimulating scents, sights, sounds, and colours AND HEAT!!!! After living in the calm and clean and orderly of Geneva (except for my red-light-neighbourhood), it was such a treat to discover the rambling, windy roads with delectable shops and smiley faces—do I sound like a satisfied tourist? B/C I totally am! Ahhhhhhhhhhh I want to go back in the summer! Although Mel n I had a fabulous time, it did get cold at night and I had to buy a shawl (such a bargain at $10!) so I’d love to be back on those boats and having a crispy fish sandwich with Turkey coffee, apple tea, and salep on the side in the hot hot heat….l’annee prochaine peut etre? It’s a direct flight from Geneva so on sait jamais…. could happen
2. Visitors—Whether it be for work or friends of friends, I am busy meeting ppl here and it’s totally fun Alone, I’m not so big on seeing the sights but when there are others around, I’m ready to roll. So finally make it to the “catacombs” or rather the underlayings of the big cathedral here which were semi-recently opened up to the public (I love spooky-ish things) and out to a few museums thanks to my pals.
3. Cooking & volunteering—I love making messes in the kitchen. And what’s better than giving away your homemade goods? I’ve recently attempted lasagna (bechamel/spinach/mozza), yogurt cake (it’s French; I’m not; I failed!), bread pudding a l’anglaise (rich w/brandied apricots n awesome with cream ), lamb & quinoa AND spicy simple Korean noodles (I seriously want to eat some more as I write this!).
Oooh and I served yummy chicken stew at a soup kitchen recently. For vegetarians, there was an orange juice, mint reduction with veggies—looked so good that I think I gotta make that one day
4. WORK—You know when you just love what you do? That is totally my case!!!! Everyday is kinda like amazingness….Geneva is chock-full of great positions if you can land one that is! Mine is a contract but oh yes, I do want to stay So appreciative of the opportunity to be here
5. LIFE—I’m made some friends, feel quite comfortable, intend to stay. It feels like a wonderful beginning to something new, true, and totallly guuuuuud Ahhhhh
Thankful, happier than happy (joy!), busy, refreshed but still totally messy and a bit random, c’est moi
And so, why not leave you with my sister’s repeat hit of the moment (ahem 10 yrs ago!)
Popularity: 4% [?]